Lilypie 5th Birthday Ticker
Monday, November 28, 2005
Growing Up Gifted

Yesterday I went for my first lesson at Growing Up Gifted (GUG). Mummy signed me up for lessons cos she thinks I lack social skills. The enrichment class was also supposed to develop multiple intelligence and foster bonding between me and mummy.

The lesson was fine and I enjoyed myself wandering around the classroom while the teachers were talking. They taught the alphabet through phonics and had many other activities. I liked the singing most. They sang my favourites like "The wheels on the bus" and "When you're happy". Mummy walked around with me and helped me with the actions.

But what I really didn't like was the craft session. The teacher had a big name for it...sensory experience. She made me put on this dirty apron, and you know how I dislike putting on clothes. Then she squeezed shaving foam on the table in front of me, put two dollops of red and yellow paint into the foam, and expected me to mix it up with my hands. So messy and dirty!!!!! Of course I refused to touch the mess. Mummy tried to convince me that it was fun and she put my hand into the mess. I burst into tears and then smeared the messy orange mixture onto mummy's shirt, watch and rubber band. Hahahaha.... I cried and cried when it took so long for me to queue up and wash my hands. And I screamed so loudly that Imah heard me from outside the school and came in to see who was torturing me.

Hehehehe.... it was fun overall. But I hope there won't be anything messy next week.





1 Comments:
Anonymous Anonymous had this to say:

Gerald, you're in for more mess at GUG. But it is lotsa fun and you will learn from it. But whatever u do, do not emulate Thahreena, ok? She ate paint during craftwork.

 

Post a Comment

<< back to the main page

lEt ME teLl yOu A stORy


A story about a little boy called Gerald.

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from audrinalee. Make your own badge here.

Painting
Shopping
Sweeping

Preschoolers.com
UpToTen
Starfall
Preschool Colouring
Sesame Street

Mummy's Flickr Site
Mummy's Scrapbook
Motherhood Magazine
Child Magazine
Parents Magazine
Dilemma of a Mother


My mum: audrinalee@hotmail.com
My dad: ahluke10@gmail.com

Layout design & graphics by mela
Powered by Blogger

Hit Counter
Hit Counter